One benefit of choosing a concrete driveway for your home is that you have an extensive range of color options. You can change your driveway from plain gray to almost any hue imaginable. Even better, you can combine or layer different coloring methods to create a unique and custom color scheme. Are you unsure of what color schemes to choose? Here are some considerations!
Tips on Picking a Concrete Driveway Color
The best way to understand your options is by reaching out to a local concrete driveway contractor. You’ll have choices of samples you can see up close and personal. When choosing which color to pick for your driveway, here are a few ideas that can make that decision easier:
- Complement your house’s color scheme: Matching the existing colors of your home’s architecture, or exterior helps a concrete driveway blend in seamlessly.
- Consider if you want a light or dark color: Lighter colors reflect heat, while darker colors absorb it. If you walk barefoot on your driveway from time to time to grab the mail or pick up a package, go for a darker color that doesn’t absorb heat.
- Match the color of stamped concrete: When you want your concrete driveway to look like stone or wood, it’s best to choose a natural-looking shade. Examine the natural stones or bricks pattern to help you decide which design looks the most realistic.
A Few Concrete Design Ideas
Here are three popular options for coloring concrete driveways:
- Earth-toned: Brown, tan, beige, and sandy tones are the most popular color options for concrete driveways because they blend perfectly with the landscape and complement nearly all home exteriors. Additionally, if you choose a darker earth-toned shade, it hides stains, dirt, and tire marks well.
- Shades of gray: Gray concrete doesn’t have to be plain and mundane. It creates an antique effect when you layer various shades of gray. Darker gray accents in pewter and charcoal can mimic slate or aged flagstone.
- Using multiple colors: Contractors can use broad color spectrums to give concrete driveways faux finishes, ornate medallions, and beautiful accent borders. These finishes often require more skill, time, and effort, but the results are fantastic and transform homes.
Laham Construction Specializes in Custom Driveway Installation
Do you need a driveway repair? Do you want to add a driveway to your home? Lanham Construction specializes in concrete services to ensure that your concrete is durable and less susceptible to damage and cracks. Plus, we have the design skills to ensure that your driveway adds extra curb appeal to your home.
Lanham Construction For All Your Construction Needs
Lanham Construction is an award-winning and dependable construction company dedicated to serving your home or business with whichever construction project you have in mind. Our professional team is eager to serve customers throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C. When you pick Lanham, you won’t ever have to worry about the process. We’re here to help every step of the way.